Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Kitty update!

* Update Thanksgiving Day: Well, she is still not feeling very well. She did manage to jump off the bed this morning and bugger off to the couch. She also put up a fight when it came time to give meds. Other than that she is just pretty lethargic at this point. Spoke to the emergency room vet this morning, and she said to just hang in there, and that it is beginning to look like more of a cadrio problem than a neurological one. So I guess that is good and bad. A heart problem I can handle....not knowing what else is going on....that is a problem. She has been peeing where she lays, and I can't get her to eat or drink. That bothers me. I am going ot have to leave her today for a long time, so I hope she does all right. Right now she is just hanging out in the sunshine....taking a little nap. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!




KITTY LOUISE UPDATE!

I guess the news is bitter sweet today. She is home with me now, and I am watching her carefully. She seems to be okay for the moment, but is still having some troubles walking around. Still a bit pale looking, and very very very tired.

At the Emergency Center.....

She had a Cardiology workup today. The doctor says she has Hyperthrophic Cardiomyopathy, and also moderate Cardiomegaly. That is a condition of the heart where it becomes enlarged. There's more to it than that, but it's a bit complicated to explain. She also was having a low blood pressure, slow heartrate, low body temp of 98 degrees (Normal is 100.5-102.5)and some ventricular arrythmia (Abnormal heart patterns). The doctor was concerned about her slow heart rate, so they performed an ultrasound and EKG of her heart which further showed many abnormalities. Concerned about her slow heart rate they gave her an injection of Atropine to speed it up. It worked. It also brought her body temp up 3/4 of a degree. The doctor was worried that because the medication worked so quickly that there might also be a neurological underlying issue. There are several other things it could be, including a blood clot from her heart problem. So I picked her up and raced off to work to draw blood to check her for some viral diseases such as Toxoplasmosis.

I won't get the results back till Monday. So I guess I will have to wait. She will need to start on some heart medications this weekend as well. They want me to wait 24-48 hours before starting anything just in case she has another episode. In the meantime, I am to keep a close eye on her, and monitor her hear rate, pulse, and temp.

So that is where we stand at the moment. One diagnosis down....who knows how many yet to come. Thank you for keeping her in your thoughts. I am very sad at the moment. No one really knows what her outcome will be at the moment. It all depends on her, and if she shows any more neurological signs. All I can do is wait.....

10 comments:

Suz said...

Ohhhh, tough day for your kitty. :( At least she is at home now.

Continued prayers for you and your kitteh.

(((hugs)))

M said...

Lots of love to Louise, and to you. That's all I can do. I know what you are going through.

Louise knows she's in good hands, and always has been.

dj said...

I'm glad she's home with you now. Just being with you and being loved a cared for will be helpful.

Vix, I'm thinking of you...

Osh said...

oh kitty! my kitteh's send their love and so do we.

Lawgirl said...

Hopefully she will be fine. Try not to worry to much. She's lucky she has you!

-Sir Jack said...

I hope she's feeling better soon, Vix. She's a lucky kitty to have a Mom like you!! Sending you healing vibes and positive thoughts!!!

Movie Star Wife said...

Give your kitty a kiss for me. Hope she does o.k.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Blaznfire911 said...

Thanks you guys! She needs all your thoughts and prayers!!

(AS do I)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Suz said...

Ugh, not drinking water? Not eating is okay for a day or two, but the no water thing bothers me too.

:'(

I hope she begins to feel better really, really soon. Take care of both of you.

shakenbsis said...

Oh Doc, thanks soo much for the update hon... (it didn't show up for me before for some reason)

Sending Louis lots of loving thoughts today (knowing she's already getting the BEST possible care!)

Keeping YOU in my prayers too! I know you aren't jsut Doc, you're a worried mommy too...
BIG hug!